Assamite Genere Proposal
This is a genre proposal put forward by the Assamite Coordinator, and contains corrections to the current R&U classifications of the factions and bloodlines within Clan Assamite, as well as clarifications of those same groups.. This proposal requires no second, and once it is put into discussion, if there are no objections posted here within one week, it goes into effect without a vote. If objections are posted, it is voted on as normally. If posting an objection, please retain the original subject heading, with the addition of the word "OBJECTION", to assist in identifying posts that change this proposal's status. Please consider each line separately
Assamite Genre Coordinator
1. The Assamites are not a sect but a clan., nor are the separate factions (Schismatic, Loyalists, and Dispossessed) considered sects.
2. Old Bylaw : Assamite Loyalists are currently listed as Sect Defectors
New Bylaw: Assamite Loyalists are not sect defectors, but comprise a faction within Clan Assamite. They do not often come away from the Mountain unless directed by their elders and that is normally to perform a kill and then return. Any PC that is a Loyalist Assamite will be considered rare.
3. Assamite Loyalists do not convert Schismatic Assamites. Loyalists, while not in "full out war" with the Schismatics, are out to kill them. If a Loyalist finds a Schismatic, and has the opportunity, they should take it to remove the Schismatic. The Schismatics have been deemed judged by the "Eldest" and are to be removed from the world along with the rest of the Kindred clans. Conversions of Schismatics to Loyalists is considered very rare.
4. Schismatic Assamites do not convert Loyalists. Attempts have been made, but most end in the death of one party or the other - at the least, violence will likely break out. Loyalists converted to the Schismatic cause are considered very rare.
5. Dispossessed Assamites have rigid view points and are often unwilling to see past Haqim being revered as a god. Dispossessed Assamite converted to the Loyalist faction will be considered rare.
6. Dispossessed Assamites may possibly be recruited to the Schismatic cause, as the Schismatics are apparently more willing to accept their right to choose their religion and views. Dispossessed Assamites converted to the Schismatic faction are considered unusual.
7. Old Bylaw: Assamite bloodlines: Bedouin Warriors and Byzantine Viziers are currently listed as Unusual
New Bylaw: Assamite bloodlines: Bedouin Warriors and Byzantine Viziers are small groups within their own clan, and are considered rare.
8. Web of Knives members shall be considered a bloodline of clan Assamite since they have an in-clan Discipline other than the ones listed for the specific Caste. They are also considered Assamite Loyalists and are rare.
9. Non-Assamite converts to the Path of Blood are required to be loyal to Clan Assamite only, as the Path dictates. Approval of the faction to which the non-Assamite becomes loyal is required. Acceptance of a non-Assamite PC as a member of any faction of Clan Assamite will be considered rare.
To clarify: the current bylaws that are being removed and added are:
1. The Assamites are not a sect but a clan, The separate factions (Schismatic, Loyalists, and Dispossessed) are not sects either
2. Old Bylaw : Assamite Loyalists are Unusual
Changed to. Assamite Loyalists are Rare.
3. Assamite Loyalists that convert to Schismatic Assamites are Very Rare.
4. Schismatic Assamites that convert to Assamite Loyalists are Very Rare.
5. Dispossessed Assamites converted to the Loyalist faction are Rare.
6. Dispossessed Assamites converted to the Schismatic faction are Unusual.
7. Old Bylaw: Bedouin Warriors & Byzantine Viziers are Unusual
Changed to: Bedouin Warriors & Byzantine Viziers are Rare.
8. Web of Knives Characters are Rare.
9. Non-Assamites accepted as a member of any faction of clan Assamite are