Revision of Bylaws, Section 3: Coordinators
Section 3: Coordinators and Coordinator ElectionsA. Head Coordinator Elections
1. The Head Coordinator shall be elected every October
and shall serve until the end of elections the
2. Nominations for the position shall open at 00:00
GMT on October 10th and close at 00:00 GMT on October
3. Voting will last until October 31st. In the case of
a tie, voting will be held November 1st through 7th
with the former Head Coordinator serving during the
interim. No other proposals may be passed or
introduced during this run-off.
4. No proposals relating to this election, election
process, or the voting procedure may be proposed nor
ratified within seven (7) days of the beginning of the
voting period until the end of the election(s).
B. Other Coordinator Elections
1. All other Coordinators will be nominated by the
Head Coordinator. The Head Coordinator will accept
applications for nominations for a minimum of two (2)
weeks from the time the application procedure opens,
which must be posted to the owbn-council, owbn-st, and
owbn-ooc mailing lists and on the OWBN website.
2. The Head Coordinator must nominate any applicant
who has the support of 5 or more member chronicles of
OWbN. Each candidate must list prominently on their
application from where their support is coming.
Chronicles may support more than one candidate in this
manner and they do not have to vote for the
candidate(s) they supported.
3. Should only one person submit an application for a
given position, then the Head Coordinator may nominate
that one applicant without a second applicant on the
same ballot or extend the time for collecting
applications as the Head Coordinator sees fit.
4. The Head Coordinator may indicate which nominee is
5. The Ballot will be presented to Council seven (7)
days before the voting period begins for discussion,
but no later than December first (1st) without a
ratified proposal granting the Head Coordinator an
6. The Ballot will be posted on the owbn-council,
owbn-st, and owbn-ooc mailing lists at the beginning
of the voting period
7. The vote will open at 00:00 GMT on the day after
the seven day council discussion period, and close at
exactly 00:00 GMT fourteen (14) days later. The Head
Coordinator may extend this vote in twenty-four (24)
hour increments or multiples thereof by informing
council no later than twenty-four (24) hours before
the extension. This may extend the vote up to fourteen
(14) additional days for a total of four (4) weeks
maximum without a ratified extension from council.
8. These nominees shall be voted on by Council, with
the nominee carrying the majority becoming
Coordinator, unless the majority chooses to reject all
of the Head Coordinator's nominees.
1. In case of a tie, the Head Coordinator may either
break the tie or hold a run-off election between all
2. For a run-off election, only the candidates who
were tied will be on the ballot. The option to reject
all candidates will be removed. The option to abstain
3. If the election is still tied after the run-off
vote, the HC will break the tie.
9. Coordinators will serve beginning two weeks after
the election vote for their election closes, including
any run-off election that may have taken place. The
current Coordinator will be expected to brief the
Coord-elect during these two weeks on current issues
relating to the particular Coordinator position being
assumed by the Coord-elect.
10. No proposals relating to elections, election
process, or the voting procedure may be proposed or
ratified from the time the Council discussion of the
ballot begins until the time all elections end.
11. The Assistant Head Coordinator and Second
Assistant Head Coordinator positions shall be treated
as the same position for application and election
purposes, with the nominees carrying the highest and
second highest number of votes becoming Coordinator.
This vote shall have multiple acceptable options
equivalent to the number of AHC positions available.
Thus each Chronicle will receive a number of votes
equal to the number of positions available.
C. Special Elections
1. Should any Coordinator position become unfilled
during a term, a special election must be held.
2. The Head Coordinator may appoint someone to fill
the position until the special election is completed.
3. The Appointee will be treated as an Elected
Coordinator, except that the appointee will only serve
until the Special Election is complete.
4. The Head Coordinator will announce the Special
Election on the owbn-council, owbn-st, and owbn-ooc
mailing lists and will accept applications for
fourteen (14) days.
5. The vote will then proceed following the bylaws in
Administrative Bylaws, Section 3, Subsection B, Other
6. Should the position become vacant within one (1)
month of the Head Coordinator Election, the appointee
may serve until elections are complete.
D. Current Coordinators Positions
1. Administrative Coordinator
1. Head Coordinator
2. Assistant Head Coordinator
3. Second Assistant Head Coordinator
4. Admissions Coordinator
5. Financial Coordinator
7. Rare & Unique Coordinator
2. Clan/Genre Coordinators
1. Assamite Coordinator
2. Brujah Coordinator
3. Gangrel Coordinator
4. Giovanni Coordinator
5. Malkavian Coordinator
6. Nosferatu Coordinator
7. Setite Coordinator
8. Toreador Coordinator
9. Tremere and Blood Magic Coordinator
10. Ventrue Coordinator
11. Sabbat Coordinator
12. Garou Coordinator
13. Wraith Coordinator