[Proposal] Infernalism Packet Revision
Proposal Type: Genre Packet
Opened: 29-Jun-2012 12:00AM EDT
Closing: 06-Jul-2012 11:58PM EDT
I propose, in accord with OWBN By-Law C. iii. Genre Coordinators must pass before Council any plot, enforced policy, R&U named characters, or binding edict they wish to use which they can reasonably expect to affect multiple chronicles and these proposals need not be seconded, but go immediately into discussion.
1. If no opposition is voiced during the week of discussion, the proposal is considered passed and enforceable. Once passed these are considered binding to all chronicles and a chronicles refusal to adhere is grounds for OWBN disciplinary measures. Opposition must be in regards to the content of the proposal and must give those reasons why the objection is voiced. This is to allow Coordinator's the opportunity to respond and/or make changes/remove the proposal and its contents.
This proposal also adds the Blessed Merit to the Coordinator Approval section of the R&U Bylaws.
This proposal also adds the removal of Infernal Pacts to the Coordinator Approval section of the R&U Bylaws.
Grandfathering of characters with more pacts than the revision allows for will occur and all Infernal characters will be approved for the appropriate level of Infernal rank based on the number of pacts that they currently possess. Given that these characters have already undergone a lengthy approval process and in some cases completely reworked their sheets to fit into this system, it is not fair to those players to force them to modify their sheets again.
Characters with the blessed merit should be notified to the appropriate coordinator. They will be not grandfathered but instead should submit information for the appropriate coordinator to determine if the merit is appropriate. The reason for this deviation from normal practice is that this merit makes a character entirely immune to a specific power set and that should be reviewed.
- Removed Investment: Infernal Rank and replaced it with an approval level Background of the same name.
- Added mechanics for Homogenity - This is a commonly taken investment and run several different ways. Standardized mechanics puts everyone on the same page.
- Removed mechanics for Baali apostate merit and referenced to the baali packet
- Changed verbiage of the Enemy flaw to include diabolists that aren't horned society.
- Added pre-req for "unholy aura" to infernal rank 5.
- Removed Dark Thaumaturgy Treatment from this packet and referred to the Dark Grimoire.
- Added Merit Blessed as Coordinator Approval - Rationale is that several people just kinda aquired it during the YoF. The only genre it effects is the Infernal genre, making the holder of this merit immune to Dark Thaumaturgy paths and rituals. It should require one hell of a story to acquire this merit. Sabbat Inquisition and Order of St. Blaise to receive approval via Sabbat Coordinator, all others to receive approval via Demon Coordinator -
- Added those who try to gain mage spheres (not specific rotes) to the nephandi listing as needing Mage Coord approval.
- Added Removing, escaping, undoing Infernal Pacts as Coord Approval.
All Changes in the packet itself can be found by following this link. Changes are listed in red in the packet to make them easier to find.
Infernal Rank treatment from this packet. Figured it was easier to post here than make you look for it.
There are infernalists and then there are true servants of Hell. When an infernalist proves himself sufficiently, his Patron may invest him with actual authority over it’s other servants and lesser demons. This is not an investment requireing a new pact, this is simply Authority granted.
Each level of this background grants authority over a specific rank of Hells minions as described below. Additionally this Background sets the limit on the number of pacts the infernalist may enter into. An Infernalist may have two pacts plus a number of pacts described in each level of this background.
The first three levels of this background require Sub Coordinator approval. The fourth and fifth levels each require Demon Coordinator Approval.
O You have Authority over other non demon servants of your Patron unless they have an equal or higher rank than yourself. Add one to your total number of allowed pacts. Your title is Elector.
OO You now have Authority over the lowest ranks of demons. These imps and fiends will do your bidding as if you were their master. Add one to your total number of allowed pacts. Your title is Vidame.
OOO You now can command demons of intermediate rank in Hell. These Shades and Servitors will obey your every command so long as they do not directly contradict your Patron’s desire. Add one to your total number of allowed pacts. Your title is Dominus.
OOOO The very Lords of the Pit are yours to command. While they will obey you, they will look for any opportunity to lessen your status in Hell. Add one to your total number of allowed pacts. Your title is Viceroy.
OOOOO The highest rank able to be earned by one who has not spent millennia in hell. Demons of account are now yours to command, these Minor Nobles obey you only because to do otherwise would lessen their own rank. Be cautious, they will bring the slightest flaw to your Master. Characters of this rank automatically gain the merit Unholy Aura (for which they must pay exp as per the rules in their game). The only way to hide this Aura is with the Investment Mask of Innocence . Add two to your total number of allowed pacts. Your title is Duke.
It should be noted that characters who are able to achieve ranks 4 and 5 of this background may as well be demons themselves. While they are mechanically the same creature type that they have always been, they command such authority in Hell that those seeking a Patron may mistakenly stumble upon their name.
These characters must engage in politics and maneuvering with actual demons in order to maintain their rank. Hell does not tolerate a lazy or inept leaders and the slightest mistake could mean not only the loss of rank, but also their very existence.
Lastly, it should be noted that enemies of your Patron will be your enemies. When you achieve rank in hell you place yourself at risks from the denizens of Hell.
Homogenity Treatment from this packet. Figured it was easier than making you look it up:
Power: Homogenity - The user spends 1 willpower and makes a social challenge (retest occult). Difficulty is 9 for a 5 yard radius. If targeting an individual make a normal social challenge retesting with occult. Success cancels, but does not remove, any non-innate supernatural power (Gifts, Disciplines, etc, but not shapeshifting, Rage, etc). This does not function on any power above Advanced level. If used as an area effect consider the power(s) cancelled for one action. If used on an individual, the target's appropriate powers are nullified for a number of turns equal to the social traits spent (max of the Infernalist's permanent willpower). This does not prevent a "suppressed" individual from using fetishes/other magical items, etc.
This email is from the One World by Night Demon Coordinator. All contact with this office should be CC'd to your Storytellers. to contact the Demon Coordinator team please send an email to OWBNfirstname.lastname@example.org
File / Document: No file attachments for this vote.Ballot Options