[PROPOSAL] Changes to R&U Bylaws, 3.F.xxii - Dignitas for Ventrue Characters [AUTOPASS]
Proposal Type: Bylaw Revision
Opened: 10-Jan-2013 12:00AM EST
Closing: 10-Jan-2013 11:58PM EST
OWbN's Coordinator Bylaws, section 3.C.iii. state: "Genre Coordinators must pass before Council any plot, enforced policy, R&U named characters, or binding edict they wish to use which they can reasonably expect to affect multiple chronicles and these proposals need not be seconded, but go immediately into discussion."
The Ventrue Coordinator is proposing the revision of section 3.F.xxii of the OWbN R&U Bylaws, the section dealing with Dignitas for Ventrue Characters to clean it up and making it concise for the reader(s). The proposed changes are as follows:
3.F.xxii. Ventrue Dignitas
- Includes new PCs starting with any of the following: More than 1 Dignitas, the White Cross, the Blade of the First Night or as a member of an established House.
- Includes new NPCs starting with more than 6 Dignitas
- PCs earning any of the following: Founder of a House, the Sovereign’s Honor, Vestments and Chairs, the Alph, the Laurel Crown or the Society of the Jade Badge
3.F.xxii. Ventrue Clan Prestige (Dignitas)
1. NPCs starting with more than 6 Dignitas Awards
2. PCs starting with more than 1 Dignitas Award
3. PCs starting with any of the following Dignitas Awards: White Cross, Blade of the First Night or as a member of an established House.
4. PCs earning any of the following Dignitas Awards: Founder of a House, Reputation, the Sovereign’s Honor, Vestments and Chairs, the Alph, the Laurel Crown
Also, please note that the name change will also need to be applied in the chart for 3.D.1, changing the current "Ventrue Dignitas*" entry to read: "Ventrue Clan Prestige (Dignitas)*"
This restructure is necessary for two main reasons. First, the division and separation of the items will make it easier to understand by making each line clear and concise. Second, the distinction between Dignitas (meaning the unwritten system of Clan Prestige detailed in the Clanbook) and the actual Awards of Dignitas (which is what the bylaw section details) are separate concepts and should not be confused.
Society of the Jade Badge has been eliminated from this section since membership in Ventrue Societies is already regulated in the R&U Bylaws in section 3.D.1. Also, Reputation has been eliminated from this section because it is already regulated by the Sect Coordinators, and I feel that if a character has gone through the trouble of getting a Reputation approved by one of those authorities that they should not have to go through yet another (out-of-character) approval process.
- Brian Orlando
File / Document: No file attachments for this vote.Ballot Options